Thursday, February 28, 2013

Interview: Alina Zamanova

So when trawling the interwebs I happened to fall upon this absolutely AMAZING fashion illustrator called Alina Zamanova. She's so incredibly talented, I don't know how I've never seen her work before.
mixed media, illustrator, artist, london school of fashion, drawing, sketch, photograph
So as I do, I got in touch and asked her a few questions. Thank god for the power of email, seriously we can talk to people across the world, it's amazing! Read on for what Alina had to say.

So tell me a little bit about yourself?
My name is Alina Zamanova and I am from Ukraine. I'm currently studying first year fashion illustration at the London College of Fashion and I'm also working as a freelance artist based in London.
mixed media, illustrator, artist, london school of fashion, drawing, sketch, photograph
How did you start illustrating?
I studied graphic design in Ukraine for a year but I moved to London because I felt like it wasn't really for me. I've been drawing ever since I can remember. I think it started from when I went to an art school in my home town, but it was more of a hobby.

mixed media, illustrator, artist, london school of fashion, drawing, sketch, photograph 
How did you know it was what you wanted to do?
When the decision of shoosing a pathway for undergraduate study became urget, I decided to connect my life with art and design. I just love sharing my mood and my emotions through my art. 
mixed media, illustrator, artist, london school of fashion, drawing, sketch, photograph
Do you have a favourite piece that you have done? 
I don't have a favourite. I like each piece individually. Sometimes they are very colourful and bright but sometimes they can be very dark, they are all so different it's hard to choose.
mixed media, illustrator, artist, london school of fashion, drawing, sketch, photograph
 Do you have any influences/favourite artists/designers?
The influence and inspiration is a very big thing in the process of creating art. The best place I get inspiration from is London. Watching movies, going to exhibitions and museums provide a lot of inspiration for me! I love lookng through work of designers such as Alexander McQueen and Rick Owens. 
mixed media, illustrator, artist, london school of fashion, drawing, sketch, photograph

So there you have it! Words from the artist herself. I highly recommend you check out more of her work on her tumblr page here. Anyway hope you're all having a fantastic day! xxx

11 comments:

  1. I love her work it's truly amazing. Thank you for sharing with us.
    xo
    Tiffy
    http://www.CuteLA.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Thanks for sharing! Love your blog & such a great post! Definitely makes me want to reach out to more people...the wonder of technology! :)

    ~Alexis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no worries! and yes definitely, get out there! xx

      Delete
  3. Really cool!!!
    xoxx, Monica
    http://fandml.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos and interview. Thanks for sharing!

    K-
    http://hablemosfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oo great interview!
    Really talented - Illustrations are amazing!

    I love the boots in the first picture are gorgeous <3

    http://www.candyliquor.co.uk
    UK High Street Fashion
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. omg she is so awesome! definitely going to follow her on tumblr :) love her style xo thanks for introducing her to me! :)
    thefrillseekers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!