Thursday, May 23, 2013

Minimalism

What the hell is minimalism? I'm going to take it straight out of the dictionary for you.
1. A school that emphasizes extreme simplification of form, as by the use of basic shapes and monochromatic palettes of primary colors, objectivity, and anonymity of style.
2. Use of the fewest and barest essentials or elements, as in the arts, literature, or design.
3. design or style in which the simplest and fewest elements are used to create the maximum effect

Okay so I've tailored it a little bit to relate it to fashion but the thought is the same. Basically eliminate anything that isn't essential. As time goes by, I'm seeing that all we end up with is the minimal, whether that be in life, or fashion, or anything really. The concept is so intriguing to me, and that is probably because it rings so true to nature. As much as we can dress it up and embellish it and then call it beauty, it will eventually come back to 'simple is best'. 


Declutter. I dare you.
Follow me on Bloglovin
Follow me on Facebook

8 comments:

  1. While I'm not the minimalist girl, I love the aesthetic

    x. PixelHazard | Bright Green Laces |

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post on minimalism and breaking it down. Sometimes I'm a fan and sometimes I like to be extravagant.
    xo
    Tiffy
    Blog: CuteLA.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I feel like it's quite underrated! xx

      Delete
  3. I love this post! I definitely lean to minimal but with a tiny hint of frivolous!
    xo
    styleontheside.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. god you're good.

    just talked about this on the local news
    post in the works.

    and you NAILED it

    trying to figure out how to same somethingoriginal..

    dang girl. you good.

    -gab

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow, it has to be some kind of coincidence... hehe thank you xx

      Delete